Monday 26 September 2011

Hello from Malawi!!

After 9000 kms and 24h later I arrived successfully at Malawi and came back in time 100 years...or even more.
I have almost been sent back to the UK because my passport just broke in my stop in Johannesburg, but luckily the allowed me to get in Malawi because I am volunteering. I need to fix it to get out though...and can't do it myself, so waiting for the  Consul advice about what to do.

Malawian people is lovely. They are very happy and kind and share everything they have with you, although they don't have anything to eat,  no even a ball to play and not shoes to wear. Kids love "uzulu" (white people).They shout "uzulu uzulu" when you arrive to the village , they love just holding your hand and touching your white skin.

Being here is harder than I imagined, the conditions they (me now) are living are so extreme without electricity at home, cooking on the fire, without no kitchen at all, having the tap water(that can't drink) 50 mts away and the toilet is a hole in the ground surrounded by a lot of flies.


Being here for less than 48 h and have so many things to tell... This morning we visit one of the "schools": One room over 15 m2, with dusty floor and just a blackboard that can have more than 100 children of different ages.

There is no way I can express what being here looks like and will try to upload some pics but the computer I am in town no, doesn't even have the USB or SIM card connection.

Hope can update you soon

4 comments:

  1. This is what we call life, in Malawi you find a meaning of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ola tita lo estas pasando bien prefiero que si ante sle di a una cosa y se borro metete cuando puedes en el ordenador en lanza a papa noel y mira esto tambein metete en alguna de estas cosas
    youtude hornimguero cancion karate kid
    habbo fantays
    habbo guays
    habbo hotel
    habbese
    habbo.qa
    habbo normal
    habbo creditos
    habbo papa noel
    el de papa noel lo e creado yo
    y en habbotop ay muchos habbos
    habbo...
    habbo...
    y que tambien ufhuihfihruyreiuyfgreiufygerigferygewgfuygrefuyergufigyfgerfgegrfuirgyefuygreuy asi que espero que vengas proto adios hola d eparte de mi mama aora te va a escribir chao

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladybird! Uff what to say! Sounds like you have a very different life to live right now.. I understand you cannot express with words what you see and are experiencing. You are going to grow inside a lot, uzulu mia! Im worried about your passport. Jeez! Thats scary. You've got to sort that out if you ever want to come back, my advise is dont leave it aside and get in touch with the consul asap.

    Bajate fotos si puedes. Tu sobrin@ esta colga@ en que idioma te habla, dialecto malawi????? ;)

    Thinking of you a lot. Cuidate mucho guapa y disfruta a tope la experiencia!

    xxxBea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Bea! Como estas? I miss you too. Living here is amazing and I really enjoy. Already in the ecuador and seems like few days here! My passport is fixed as you maybe have read on the blog.

    Si mi sobri es asi, le van los languages :)

    Espero que tu tambien estes bien corazon! Intentare poner mas fotos.

    Un besazo de tu ladybird!

    ReplyDelete