Saturday 8 October 2011

Images of my new life in Domasi!

Finally, I managed to upload some pics, but was not easy at all. Need one hour to go to the internet: half an hour in a njinga ( taxi bike) and half an our in a minibus (a van with 20 more people and all sort of luggage or shopping included alive animals like chickens) , it is really slow and comes and goes as it likes...so hope you enjoy them. I have hundreds of them, all amazing...
Today, they are some of my house, village, children and one of the schools.

Have no time to write this week. I start feeling at home even though life here is not easy, but start missing family and friends too.
The living room, main bedroom and the door to my bedroom
My bedroom after refurbishment

Having dinner (nsima) with my family
The toilet
The tap, 50 mts away from home

My garden
My house
Te shower 50 mts away
My village
One of the best schools
One child at the school

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for all your comments on the blog. Hope you like it :)

    Please, if you post a comment, can you write your name on it?

    Hugs to everyone from Malawi

    Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me parece increible!, genial y sobre todo muy humanitario por tu parte lo que estas haciendo. Todo esto dice mucho de lo maravillosa que puedes llegar a ser. Un abrazo muy fuerte desde tu tierra Murciana. www.bravedandelion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. HERMANITA!!!!!! COMO ESTAS?? TE ECHO DE MENOS,TENGO GANAS DE QUE HABLEMOS,TRAETE A ESE BEBE PARA ESPAÑA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lourdes
    Truly great photos - thanks for going on the long trek to get them on your blog; it's really brought your experience there to life!
    I'm glad to hear that you're starting to feel it's more homely - feels a million miles away from office life on the fourth floor in Grantham I'm sure.
    Have you taken your first class yet?
    Sarah B sends her love!
    Rachel (Heath!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing photos hunny!
    missing you loads. you need to email me and Iryna with the list of stuff that need sending as i am going away in a week time.
    take care xxxxx
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Rachel! and Sara.

    So happy to hear from someone from work! How is everything there?

    Yes. life here has nothing to do with the fourth floor in Grantham, but despite of all the difficulties and the living conditions people make you feel so comfortable and happy.

    Internet here is a nightmare and really expensive so I am glad you enjoy the pics.

    Say hello to everyone in the office on my behalf please!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Lourdes. I´ve posted before but as I can see I think it was not successful because I can´t see my comment.
    You are a sweethart.
    I love you. Enjoy and learn all days to teach us.

    ReplyDelete